Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Quicken Integration

Why doesn't Apple Card permit transaction downloading into personal financial management software like Quicken?

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:50 AM

4 replies

Oct 26, 2021 10:28 AM in response to NewiPhoneUser02

Not trying to be argumentative, but look at all the major financial institutions/banks that have been hacked and lost customer data, Capital One, JP Morgan Chase, Scott Trade, First American Financial, Bank of Montreal, Experian, Equifax, and the list will go on. Apple, Goldman Sachs and I suspect the majority of iPhone users place a high value on the safety and security of iPhones.

Oct 26, 2021 9:56 AM in response to NewiPhoneUser02

Hi, statements and transactions can be downloaded. Link to support article is below. However, I suspect you’re looking for tight integration with Quicken software. I personally doubt that will be allowed because of privacy and security concerns. Here is a link to provide feedback to Apple,

https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html

In the Product Category please enter Apple Card from the drop down. Apple promises to read all feedback provided but they cannot reply individually on feedback or suggestions.

How to download statements and transactions,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211236

Oct 26, 2021 11:11 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I understand and realize that you are not being argumentative. Nonetheless, your argument is a red herring.

Apple failing to provide a mechanism to download transactions does not guarantee that customer data will not be compromised. The mechanism used to download transactions is an extension of what users are already allowed to do and must be able to do without resorting to paper delivery of statements by regular postal mail.

All of those breaches you cite were the result of a failure to follow their own security and maintenance protocols. In every case, the exploit took advantage of deficiencies in patch management, support and maintenance, and just general negligence by people who were supposed to be responsible for securing the infrastructure.

Apple and Goldman Sachs vulnerabilities, if they exist at all, are likely in those same areas. And if those vulnerabilities exist, they will get hit regardless of any claims that feature limitation protects me or anyone else. It doesn't.

Arguing that allowing integration with Quicken opens up a new vulnerability is a non-sequitur. The more likely reason is that the integration is lacking is because it isn't a priority to them, or, they would have to pay Goldman Sachs to enable it and they don't want to.

Goldman Sachs, by the way, has the integration for other accounts -- just not Apple Card!

Apple Card Quicken Integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.