Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my security question

I forgot my security questions to get in to my ipad

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 11:29 AM

Security questions aren’t tied to resetting an iPad passcode…

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

…but can be involved when clearing Activation Lock tied to a forgotten Apple ID.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If this isn’t your iPad or is a new acquisition and it has arrived with Activation Lock set, the seller will need to clear that lock, or you will want to return to the seller for a refund, assuming the seller hasn’t disappeared and as is typical with scam sales.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you do not have that password for Activation Lock and do not have the original purchase receipt showing the serial number and if the seller has disappeared, then nobody here can help you and Apple won’t help. Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, and this iPad is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPad. Recycle it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 11:29 AM in response to Bridie1968

Security questions aren’t tied to resetting an iPad passcode…

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

…but can be involved when clearing Activation Lock tied to a forgotten Apple ID.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If this isn’t your iPad or is a new acquisition and it has arrived with Activation Lock set, the seller will need to clear that lock, or you will want to return to the seller for a refund, assuming the seller hasn’t disappeared and as is typical with scam sales.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you do not have that password for Activation Lock and do not have the original purchase receipt showing the serial number and if the seller has disappeared, then nobody here can help you and Apple won’t help. Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, and this iPad is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPad. Recycle it.

Oct 26, 2021 12:54 PM in response to Bridie1968

If you are being told there isn't enough information to reset them, contact Apple ID Support.

If you don't know the answers, if the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.      *

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn't always load)  

Get Support   - Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call. -

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.  -

See if anything here helps. 

Solution to the forgotten Apple ID security questions.  -

I forgot my security question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.