Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I end my use of iCloud?

I have a new phone and have tons of memory. How do I stop using ICloud?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 3:08 PM

Even though you have tons of storage on the device you may want to consider what happens if your iPhone is lost, stolen, damaged or has some other issue that results in your not being able to access the data. Having data synced to iCloud (e.g., iCloud Photos) and/or having an iCloud Backup can be very valuable if the data on the phone is important to you.

If you don't want to do that, another option is to backup to a computer. See: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to stop using iCloud depends on what you were using it for. For example, if you have iCloud Photos turned on and want to turn it off, see information in Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

There is other information in Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Finally, cancel upgraded iCloud storage by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See instructions in: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 3:08 PM in response to rhoda216

Even though you have tons of storage on the device you may want to consider what happens if your iPhone is lost, stolen, damaged or has some other issue that results in your not being able to access the data. Having data synced to iCloud (e.g., iCloud Photos) and/or having an iCloud Backup can be very valuable if the data on the phone is important to you.

If you don't want to do that, another option is to backup to a computer. See: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to stop using iCloud depends on what you were using it for. For example, if you have iCloud Photos turned on and want to turn it off, see information in Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

There is other information in Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Finally, cancel upgraded iCloud storage by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See instructions in: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

How do I end my use of iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.