Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it show my notifications are silenced on iMessages?

Why does it show my notifications silenced in iMessages?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:41 AM

I am having what I believe to be the same issue. Chatting with a co-worker this morning, we confirmed that he did not have Focus enabled but his husband and I see that he has notifications silenced and things are being “Delivered Quietly”. He is receiving the messages just fine, nothing is being silenced at all. I had the same issue with both of my sons and checked all of their settings and they were set fine but on my end it showed they were silenced. The only thing I have found to fix it is to restart my phone, but it seems like I have to do this after each time they go into Focus (when driving to school for instance). I’m happy to collect whatever is needed to troubleshoot this, but I shouldn’t have to restart my phone multiple times per day to see if my contacts are out of Focus mode yet.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 5:41 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

I am having what I believe to be the same issue. Chatting with a co-worker this morning, we confirmed that he did not have Focus enabled but his husband and I see that he has notifications silenced and things are being “Delivered Quietly”. He is receiving the messages just fine, nothing is being silenced at all. I had the same issue with both of my sons and checked all of their settings and they were set fine but on my end it showed they were silenced. The only thing I have found to fix it is to restart my phone, but it seems like I have to do this after each time they go into Focus (when driving to school for instance). I’m happy to collect whatever is needed to troubleshoot this, but I shouldn’t have to restart my phone multiple times per day to see if my contacts are out of Focus mode yet.

Oct 27, 2021 11:58 AM in response to MarisolIzq

Hello MarisolIzq,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with Message notifications. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Are you stating you're not receiving notifications from a specific person or group conversation in the Messages app? If so, we'd recommend checking to see if the conversation is muted. The steps in the section "Turn on Hide alerts" from the article here will help: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're using the Focus feature, we'd recommend checking the section "Turn on Focus" from the article that you started this post from. Specifically the section that states:

"When you set a Focus, the icon appears in the status bar and on your Lock Screen, and your status is automatically displayed in the Messages app. When people try to send you a message, they'll see that you’ve silenced notifications, but they can still notify you if it's urgent.

When you use Focus on one device, the setting is automatically applied across your Apple devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID."

Best!

Why does it show my notifications are silenced on iMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.