Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.1 Mail Signature No Image or emoji

Since I upgrade to iOS15.1 that was released yesterday, I try to update some of my signature. I notice when you type your signature, it keeps taking from the default email and won't update at all, even I reset my phone.

Another thing I notice, when created new signature, it is ALL TEXT. The keyboard does not have the emoji icon where you can use the emoji for your signature. E.g I like to have the phone emoji icon for my phone number, and email as the envelope.

Anybody encounter that especially it won't let me update my signature at all. Is this a flaw of iOS 15?

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 6:12 PM

Signatures are all text. You will not be able to add emoji. As far as the default signature, is that the only one that you have configured? If you go to Settings>Mail, you can set it to All Accounts, or Per Account. With Per Account, you can create a signature for each account. I've checked my device, iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15.1, and have the ability to edit all of my signatures. If you go to create an email from anything other than the Mail app, it will automatically select the default email account if that is where your problem seems to stem from.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 6:12 PM in response to khawts

Signatures are all text. You will not be able to add emoji. As far as the default signature, is that the only one that you have configured? If you go to Settings>Mail, you can set it to All Accounts, or Per Account. With Per Account, you can create a signature for each account. I've checked my device, iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15.1, and have the ability to edit all of my signatures. If you go to create an email from anything other than the Mail app, it will automatically select the default email account if that is where your problem seems to stem from.

Oct 26, 2021 7:22 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks ChrisJ.

Unfortunately, I never had any problem with the emoji at all. I try to put the privacy disclaimer for one of my email account and it takes the default one, even just text. Some of my email account has the emoji icon, which came from the keyboard (when you use the keyboard it has the smiley icon) but now the keyboard does not have the icon anymore.

Oct 27, 2021 8:57 AM in response to khawts

I don't have a keyboard with the emoji icon on it either on the phone. I just checked my iPad Pro and cannot access the emoji keyboard there. While I've never used emoji in my signature, I cannot say if I could access emoji before, since I don't use that for my work Exchange email signature. The same for my iCloud mail account. I can say that the text box does look somewhat different since the last time I updated my signatures, so there may have been some changes. I use that in my work signature to make short announcements. I'm a college professor and will add a message to my signature like "college is closed" and the dates during spring break, and then the winter break, so I'm not changing things there often. I'm afraid that would be a question you may need to pose to Apple Support. I can remember from the beginning adding images and that has always been an issue, since the signatures have always seemed to be plain text and not HTML to support images.

Nov 4, 2021 9:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks. I think it is an IOS15 issue. I even deleted one of my email account and it is deleted on the mail account. But, when you open to edit an email and change the FROM to another email account (e.g. I want the person to reply to my abc@abcd.com email instead of my default abc@gmail.com), a list pop up and I can still see that email address that I have just deleted. When I selected that email, it shows the default signature.

I even change my default signature to all text, and only when I switched to one signature for all emails, it takes the old one with the emoji.

Something must be embedded inside the mail account. I am using IPhone XR with IOS15.1

P.S. How do I address this issue to Apple support?

IOS 15.1 Mail Signature No Image or emoji

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.