Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number of albums in itunes vs. number of items

I am trying to find the number of albums I have in iTunes, but I only see number of items, days, and GB. The number of items is the same whether I look at the library songs on library albums or library artists. Genres shows number of items etc. in the genre. But there is no difference between songs and albums.

Windows 10 iTunes user

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:41 PM

Use the Songs View:

• Once in the Songs View, turn on the Column Browser (using View/Column Browser/Show Column Browser)
  • Go back into View/Column Browser and below the Hide/Show option are things such as Genre, Artist and Albums as I have in my screenshot
  • Using the view I've shown, make sure All (x Genres) and All (x Artists) are selected and it shows you All (x Albums) as you can see
  • By selecting a specific genre, the columns to the right will show only the artists and albums with that genre (don't forget though, an album may have songs of different genres on it), so you could the see how many albums of a specific genre you have
  • If you select a specific genre and/or a specific artist, the songs area beneath the columns (not shown in the screenshot) will list only the chosen fields
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 1:41 PM in response to Pbth99

Use the Songs View:

• Once in the Songs View, turn on the Column Browser (using View/Column Browser/Show Column Browser)
  • Go back into View/Column Browser and below the Hide/Show option are things such as Genre, Artist and Albums as I have in my screenshot
  • Using the view I've shown, make sure All (x Genres) and All (x Artists) are selected and it shows you All (x Albums) as you can see
  • By selecting a specific genre, the columns to the right will show only the artists and albums with that genre (don't forget though, an album may have songs of different genres on it), so you could the see how many albums of a specific genre you have
  • If you select a specific genre and/or a specific artist, the songs area beneath the columns (not shown in the screenshot) will list only the chosen fields

Number of albums in itunes vs. number of items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.