Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving contacts

I have an iPhone 11 and all the software is up to date. When I share contacts I have no issues, when I receive contacts through message they show as a VCARD and cant be saved. How can i rectify this so they show as a contact that can be saved?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:43 PM

You can share your contact card or another person’s contact card as a vCard file (.vcf) so that others can add it to their list of contacts. You can share cards by email, text, or another method.

It is not clear as to what error message do you get when you save a vCard File?

Which is your default Contacts Account? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other email account.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 9:43 PM in response to PMAUS

You can share your contact card or another person’s contact card as a vCard file (.vcf) so that others can add it to their list of contacts. You can share cards by email, text, or another method.

It is not clear as to what error message do you get when you save a vCard File?

Which is your default Contacts Account? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other email account.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Receiving contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.