Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Photos Library.photoslibrary file stored on my mac while I have icloud enabled

Why is the Photos Library.photoslibrary file stored on my mac while I have icloud enabled. Can I reeduce that file size? I have optimize for iCloud enabled on Photo's.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 6:58 AM

You have set up iCloud photos Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support and its preferences Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

So a single system photo library is set up System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

If you click on finder , take cursor on top menu bar Go > Home > pictures in the next column Photos Library.photoslibrary file is visible which occupies Macintosh HD space .

If you right click on it , click on open the photo application opens , the file size can be reduced by deleting the photos from photos application .

If photos are in series , leave the first photo and hold the shift key click on rest of photos to get selected .

Right click on any one of them and click on delete .

The photos will be deleted from the photo library of Mac and all other devices signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , as well on iCloud.com

Delete photos or recover deleted ones in Photos

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 6:58 AM in response to RubenOverwijn

You have set up iCloud photos Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support and its preferences Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

So a single system photo library is set up System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

If you click on finder , take cursor on top menu bar Go > Home > pictures in the next column Photos Library.photoslibrary file is visible which occupies Macintosh HD space .

If you right click on it , click on open the photo application opens , the file size can be reduced by deleting the photos from photos application .

If photos are in series , leave the first photo and hold the shift key click on rest of photos to get selected .

Right click on any one of them and click on delete .

The photos will be deleted from the photo library of Mac and all other devices signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , as well on iCloud.com

Delete photos or recover deleted ones in Photos

Why is the Photos Library.photoslibrary file stored on my mac while I have icloud enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.