Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer ripped CD's from iDevice back onto my PC with iTunes?

Hi all. I've transfered my ripped CD's and non Apple purchased music, onto my iPhone via iTunes for PC.

However I now wish to transfer certain albums from my iPhone back onto my PC.

But unfortunately it doesn't seem to allow this?

I've read that Apple doesn't allow the transfer of non Apple purchased music, onto your PC/Mac, from an iDevice.

Is there now, within IOS 15 a way to get around this?

I've updated iTunes for PC, but no joy.

I don't want to have to purchase a third party piece of software, just to transfer my own music files from my iPhone back on to my PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:08 PM

To be precise, Syncing of music is one way; from iTunes to your iPhone. Even Apple purchases are not actually copied from the your phone to iTunes. Instead, once you sign into your account via iTunes, your store purchases can then be downloaded from the store to your iTunes Library.

biosphere76 wrote:

Not that I'm aware of, only the third-party software that it sounds as though you are already aware of.

However, to retrieve as much of your non-Apple music, the first thing to try is; if you only recently deleted the songs from your iTunes Library, check your recycle bin to see if you can retrieve them. If that is not successful:

• for CDs, rip them again from the CD
  • for purchases as M3 files from other stores, go to your account with that store and re-download them

Can I suggest that for the future, you make a backup of all your music? A portable device (even a non-Apple one) is not a suitable backup. Phones get stolen, lost, broken and eventually just fail. As do hard drives, so relying on your computer as your only copy is not a good idea.

• Main copy on your computer
  • Back up onto an external drive (in case you lose your complete computer)
  • Perhaps even a second back up
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 1:08 PM in response to biosphere76

To be precise, Syncing of music is one way; from iTunes to your iPhone. Even Apple purchases are not actually copied from the your phone to iTunes. Instead, once you sign into your account via iTunes, your store purchases can then be downloaded from the store to your iTunes Library.

biosphere76 wrote:

Not that I'm aware of, only the third-party software that it sounds as though you are already aware of.

However, to retrieve as much of your non-Apple music, the first thing to try is; if you only recently deleted the songs from your iTunes Library, check your recycle bin to see if you can retrieve them. If that is not successful:

• for CDs, rip them again from the CD
  • for purchases as M3 files from other stores, go to your account with that store and re-download them

Can I suggest that for the future, you make a backup of all your music? A portable device (even a non-Apple one) is not a suitable backup. Phones get stolen, lost, broken and eventually just fail. As do hard drives, so relying on your computer as your only copy is not a good idea.

• Main copy on your computer
  • Back up onto an external drive (in case you lose your complete computer)
  • Perhaps even a second back up

How do I transfer ripped CD's from iDevice back onto my PC with iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.