Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error O

Since I upgraded to Monterey the partition on my 1 TB external USB-C G-Drive HDD I use for Time Machine won't mount. There is a small 5 GB partition that does mount (just has the G-Drive utilities for use with Windows which I do not use).

When I try to mount it using Disk Utility I get the error "com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error O."

Anybody know how I fix this? I have a Samsung T7 1 TB external USB-C SSD that mounts fine. Just having problems with the G-Drive HDD.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 7:48 AM

Thanks for your help. I was unable to do anything including First Aid. I found fsec_hfs was running for about 24 hours and when I waited for it to complete in another 7 hours the drive seems to be fine.

I also wound up reformatting the Samsung T7 1 TB external USB-C SSD as it also had trouble mounting and would not allow me to write any data to it. After reformatting and a few reboots it seems good now.

Thanks again. I'm going to consider this issue resolved unless I start having issues with the drives again in the near future.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 7:48 AM in response to JovonaP.

Thanks for your help. I was unable to do anything including First Aid. I found fsec_hfs was running for about 24 hours and when I waited for it to complete in another 7 hours the drive seems to be fine.

I also wound up reformatting the Samsung T7 1 TB external USB-C SSD as it also had trouble mounting and would not allow me to write any data to it. After reformatting and a few reboots it seems good now.

Thanks again. I'm going to consider this issue resolved unless I start having issues with the drives again in the near future.

Oct 28, 2021 9:36 AM in response to jdargie

Hello jdargie,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're receiving an error when trying to mount an external drive on your Mac. We're happy to look into this with you.

We recommend that you use First Aid in Disk Utility to repair the disk. Take a look at the steps in the following resource: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

Let us know the results. Please include additional error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

Nov 6, 2021 8:33 PM in response to jdargie

I also have a G-drive which I have been using for TimeMachine backups. I recently updated to MacOS Monterey while traveling and since I have returned, I have not been able to get the G-drive to mount. I've run DiskUtility multiple times. It runs for more than 24 hours before reporting no errors detected. A couple of times I got a MacOS crash when quitting DiskUtility and upon reboot I sent the crash report to Apple.

If the G-drive is plugged in, when I try to shut down, the Mac hangs and I have to hold the power key to get it to turn off. I've booted into recovery mode and run DiskUtility from there with the same result (24+ hours to check, no errors reported, not able to mount drive with com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 0).

The G-drive had been working fine for several years prior to the Monterey upgrade.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error O

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.