Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My voice memo feature in messages doesn’t work - iPhone XR

I’ve restarted my phone several times as well as checked the regular voice memo app to see if I can do memos.

The red record button does not respond when I press it.

In addition, I am unable to record a Memoji in messages. The red record button quickly disappears after I press it. Any advice?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 3:21 PM

Your mansplanation was ridiculous. The OP CLEARY said “in messages”. That’s your context clues to help problem solve. At no point did they say they were trying to send a message via voice to any android user. Given the description of the problem they have obviously used this feature in Messages before. User error is not where the problem lies. The problem is, when you press&hold the audio icon (circle with audio lines in the message input box) the record button appears and the time never increases, it never records an audio message and you have to exit out of Messages completely and go back to the text to get back to text input mode. The attached screenshot is where it freezes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 3:21 PM in response to SravanKrA

Your mansplanation was ridiculous. The OP CLEARY said “in messages”. That’s your context clues to help problem solve. At no point did they say they were trying to send a message via voice to any android user. Given the description of the problem they have obviously used this feature in Messages before. User error is not where the problem lies. The problem is, when you press&hold the audio icon (circle with audio lines in the message input box) the record button appears and the time never increases, it never records an audio message and you have to exit out of Messages completely and go back to the text to get back to text input mode. The attached screenshot is where it freezes.

My voice memo feature in messages doesn’t work - iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.