Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts widget in iOS 15

Hi! On my contacts widget, when I try to put on on my homescreen, it shows up as just blank and doesn’t let me put a contact on it. My other contact widgets show contacts though. What do I do? I’ve hard restarted my iPhone and the problem is still here, I’m running iOS 15.1.

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 12:15 PM

Greetings pilot_20, 

We understand that when trying to add the Contacts widget to your Home Screen the set up screens are blank. 

The screenshot you sent is of the screen where you can add the widget. Does the widget still appear blank after it has been added? How about if you try to add it on the Today View screen, instead of your Home Screen?

Thanks. 

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 12:15 PM in response to pilot_20

Greetings pilot_20, 

We understand that when trying to add the Contacts widget to your Home Screen the set up screens are blank. 

The screenshot you sent is of the screen where you can add the widget. Does the widget still appear blank after it has been added? How about if you try to add it on the Today View screen, instead of your Home Screen?

Thanks. 

Oct 28, 2021 2:31 PM in response to pilot_20

pilot_20, 

You mentioned when you try to add the widget it shows up blank. Does it remain blank after you have gone through the process of adding it and widget is on your Home Screen or in Today View? Or is it only blank in these screens where you walk through adding it and choosing which version of the widget you want?

Thank you.

Contacts widget in iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.