Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect and Apple Watch with an iPhone that isn’t on my account

Can I use an Apple Watch from my account to an iPhone on a different account? Both through att

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 2:41 PM

The Cellular + GPS Apple Watch has an eSIM and shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

If you want to use the Apple Watch in GPS only mode, that you can do, but the Apple Watch will no longer have Cellular capabilities

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 2:41 PM in response to Becca_92

The Cellular + GPS Apple Watch has an eSIM and shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

If you want to use the Apple Watch in GPS only mode, that you can do, but the Apple Watch will no longer have Cellular capabilities

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

Can I connect and Apple Watch with an iPhone that isn’t on my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.