Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch with poor connection to phone when phone is upstair and we are downstair

(Phone and watch both are connected to WIFI always and have wifi calling enabled.

I got 2 story house so i always roam around house. sometime i keep my phone upstairs (either i forget or just to keep in charging). and when i am downstairs if someone calls me signal is too weak to hear someone and i can't disconnect my phone without going upstairs(which again defeat purpose of watch).

is there any way for watch to use wifi calling always when its on Wifi? or any other ideas will be also helpful.

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 11:51 AM

The watch will use the iPhone's connection when ever it is connected to it.

If you are at the limit of the range and still connected it will use that. If it is not connected to your iPhone because of being too far it will then use wifi.

3 replies

Apple watch with poor connection to phone when phone is upstair and we are downstair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.