Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About Apple USB power adapters

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I charge my iPhone with my Ipad's charger?

I bought an iPhone 13 without a charger! However, I have an iPad Pro 9.7 inch which I bought it 5 years ago. Can I charge my iPhone with my Ipad's charger?

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:52 PM

Yes, you can.

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W,2 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

If you're not sure which Apple Power Adapter you have, check the wattage on the top or bottom of the adapter:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 9:52 PM in response to Ashkan-apple

Yes, you can.

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W,2 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

If you're not sure which Apple Power Adapter you have, check the wattage on the top or bottom of the adapter:

Can I charge my iPhone with my Ipad's charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.