Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated macpro 2012 on Mojave unable to use new LR/CC

I have a mid 2012 macpro

I have changed the graphics card & startup disc some years ago, & recently swapped out the original processor for 2 x 3.46 6core Xeon.

I now have:

Memory 128G, startup disk SSD, Graphics Radeon RX 580 8 GB.

I tried to update LR Classic & CC yesterday & it says - not supported!

Does the updater just look at the original serial number & use that to check compatibility ?

Is there another way to get LR & CC updated - or is it not possible ever.?...cant really afford a new imac/macpro

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 8:24 PM

The versions of Lightroom and CC you are trying to upgrade to require your mac to be running at least macOS Catalina 10.15, as your mac can only run up to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 then you will not be able to install the latest versions of Lightroom and CC.

The installer for the apps check which OS your mac is running, if your mac does not meet the minimum OS requirements for the app(s) then the installation will be refused.

You can spec your mac all you like but unless you have the correct OS for the apps you want to run then you will not be able to install those versions of the Adobe apps you want to use.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 8:24 PM in response to hania00

The versions of Lightroom and CC you are trying to upgrade to require your mac to be running at least macOS Catalina 10.15, as your mac can only run up to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 then you will not be able to install the latest versions of Lightroom and CC.

The installer for the apps check which OS your mac is running, if your mac does not meet the minimum OS requirements for the app(s) then the installation will be refused.

You can spec your mac all you like but unless you have the correct OS for the apps you want to run then you will not be able to install those versions of the Adobe apps you want to use.

Oct 29, 2021 6:17 AM in response to hania00

The issue is that we not leave 'sharp things' (possibly damaging hacks) laying about where unqualified folks might pick them up and hurt themselves or their Mac.

The working standard appears to be: We can reference their existence. We generally can not provide direct links, and senior contributors are expected to provide some warning that using such stuff may damage your Mac, and Apple will not help you in that case.

So if you are reading this, the Hosts did not find it objectionable.

updated macpro 2012 on Mojave unable to use new LR/CC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.