Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps voice

Since I’ve downloaded iOS 15 the maps voice has changed to a guys voice. Is there anyway to change it back to a woman’s voice? I can’t find anything in settings or maps to change it.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 4:36 AM

On my phone I didn’t have Siri enabled so I couldn’t find the option to change the voice, once I enabled Siri I could go in and change the voice back.

7 replies

Nov 14, 2021 7:21 AM in response to LD150

Thanks for clarifying. I was mostly confused that the new default native maps voice was not among the Siri voices. So it didn't make sense that changing to a Siri voice would impact the maps voice. (Now that I've changed it, I want the previous voice back; know how to do that?)

The issue I wasn't letting myself see was that once you turn Siri on (I hate Siri and never use it), the options on the screen expand to include selecting a voice. The screenshot cleared that up. Thanks again!

Maps voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.