Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C Hub No Longer Recognized by 2021 iPad Pro 12.9" on iOS 15

I have the NGE 11-in-1 USB-C to HDMI Multiport Adapter Dongle. It worked with my 2021 iPad Pro earlier this year. When I plugged it in last night, it no longer seems to be recognized by the iPad.

More information

• The iPad isn't recognizing devices and drives plugged into the hub.
  • The devices I was trying to use (Yamaha EAD-10, Sandisk 32GB Flash Drive, MIDI to USB) all worked previously this year (September 18 was the last date that I can confirm it worked. MIDI to USB) without additional power being supplied to the hub.
  • The iPad is still providing power to the hub, and the hub is still able to pass through power to the iPad when using the hub's USB-C power passthrough port.
  • I tested the hub this morning on my Macbook Pro and it is functioning correctly.

I am curious if the iOS 15 update might have caused this hub to no longer be supported on my iPad. I did not update to iOS 15 until the first half of October 2021.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 6:41 AM

Firstly, iPadOS 15.1 is current. If you have not already updated to this version, you should update; this version includes both functional enhancements and essential security patches. Perform the update without you Hub being connected to the iPad.

As for the specific issue that you describe, I use a similar USB-C hub on a daily basis. I have not encountered any issues with connection of peripheral devices via the connected USB-C hub - either with or without a Power Adapter connected to the USB PD pass-through power connection.

As such, whilst your Hub appears to be working with your Mac, perhaps you have a problem with your hub. Substitution of a different hub, ideally certified to be compatible with iPad, is advisable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 6:41 AM in response to mwiebke

Firstly, iPadOS 15.1 is current. If you have not already updated to this version, you should update; this version includes both functional enhancements and essential security patches. Perform the update without you Hub being connected to the iPad.

As for the specific issue that you describe, I use a similar USB-C hub on a daily basis. I have not encountered any issues with connection of peripheral devices via the connected USB-C hub - either with or without a Power Adapter connected to the USB PD pass-through power connection.

As such, whilst your Hub appears to be working with your Mac, perhaps you have a problem with your hub. Substitution of a different hub, ideally certified to be compatible with iPad, is advisable.

USB-C Hub No Longer Recognized by 2021 iPad Pro 12.9" on iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.