Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share a friend's location with the app ,,FIND MY" so he or she can't figure it out?

How do I share a friend's location with the app Find my , so he or she can't figure it out?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:37 AM

The standard Apple location-tracking features will not provide what you request. That omission is intentional. Apple location tracking is opt-in.

Per Apple: Checklist: If you want to make sure no one else can see your location - Apple Support

Some further details to ponder: With various jurisdictions, this activity might be considered a prosecutable offense akin to stalking, or domestic abuse, or otherwise. Laws here can vary.

Absent any potential civil or criminal repercussions, I’d expect the use of what can be known as “stalker-ware” to end the friendship and to end any existing relationship. Minimally, the use of “stalker-ware” will erode existing trust.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 9:37 AM in response to tako34

The standard Apple location-tracking features will not provide what you request. That omission is intentional. Apple location tracking is opt-in.

Per Apple: Checklist: If you want to make sure no one else can see your location - Apple Support

Some further details to ponder: With various jurisdictions, this activity might be considered a prosecutable offense akin to stalking, or domestic abuse, or otherwise. Laws here can vary.

Absent any potential civil or criminal repercussions, I’d expect the use of what can be known as “stalker-ware” to end the friendship and to end any existing relationship. Minimally, the use of “stalker-ware” will erode existing trust.

How do I share a friend's location with the app ,,FIND MY" so he or she can't figure it out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.