Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail password

I recently downloaded iOS 15 on my phone but can’t access my emails and I’ve forgotten my password when I try and add my email address

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 10:42 AM

Hello Leeantpat,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you've forgotten your email password and need to add it to your iPhone again.

If you were using iCloud Mail, it should be enabled in Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Mail: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices

If you forgot the iCloud password: If you have forgotten your Apple ID password

In case you weren't using iCloud as the email provider, then you'd want to visit the email provider's official website and follow their steps to reset the password.

To add the email account to your iPhone: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hoping this helps out, take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 10:42 AM in response to Leeantpat

Hello Leeantpat,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you've forgotten your email password and need to add it to your iPhone again.

If you were using iCloud Mail, it should be enabled in Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Mail: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices

If you forgot the iCloud password: If you have forgotten your Apple ID password

In case you weren't using iCloud as the email provider, then you'd want to visit the email provider's official website and follow their steps to reset the password.

To add the email account to your iPhone: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Mail password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.