Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notifications not popping up on macos monterey

I have checked all settings are on, the notifications just appear in the notification center but no popups on the top right corner when they come in. I do have them set to alert and still no popups. I also when I get a call is not showing up on my mac after upgrading to Monterey.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 2:51 PM

I was able to get notifications again after I checked the box at the bottom of Notifications & Focus to allow notifications when mirroring or sharing the display. I have a macbook air connected to a dock and monitors, so guessing that was the issue. Hope this helps.

8 replies

Oct 29, 2021 10:56 AM in response to e_riddle

Hi e_riddle,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that notifications aren't working as expected on your Mac after recently updating macOS. You've don a great job trying to get this resolved. We're happy to look into this with you.

We recommend that you test the issue while in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, does the issue occur in other user accounts? If you don't have another user account, use the steps in the following resource to make an account and test the issue. This will help us determine if the issue is user specific or system wide. Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Oct 29, 2021 1:29 PM in response to JovonaP.

I have removed all startup items and have reinstalled the system three times and still they do not popup, they go into the notification center but do not popup. The do popup in safe mode however. even created another account as suggested above and in regular mode they are not popping up. all my apps are updated and I am on macOS 12.0.1

notifications not popping up on macos monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.