Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My video quick preview isn't working whenever I use the spacebar browsing on Finder since I updated to macOsMonterrey

Whenever I'm looking through RAW footage or any footage in general I tend to use the spacebar to preview each clip to find the right ones. However, since the new macOS Monterrey update, using the spacebar just gives me a pic preview instead of the actual video preview

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 11:45 AM

Click on Apple icon on top left Menu bar, Force Quit: Preview and Quick Time Player (if they are running), and Relaunch: Finder. This should fix the issue with Quick Look (pressing Space-Bar to play or display file contain), as it does for me. I'm running MacOS Monterey on Macbook Pro M1 Max.

9 replies

Jan 29, 2022 1:21 AM in response to paulnguyen21

System Version: macOS 12.0.1 (21A559)

Kernel Version: Darwin 21.1.0

2020 MacBook Air M1

Restarting the finder resolved the issue for now. Im still not sure what causes it to crash. Works fine for days, then just suddenly doesn't. I had been restarting the whole machine, nice to know a simpler workaround for now.

Note that this does not happen on my Intel Mac mini running the same OS and patch level, and as far as I know 99% of the same apps.

My video quick preview isn't working whenever I use the spacebar browsing on Finder since I updated to macOsMonterrey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.