Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older iPad how do I update software

I have an old iPad and need to update software

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 10:38 AM

Hello,

To update your iPad first of all you need to make sure that you are connect to wifi, make sure that you have VPNs turned off. Go to Settings > General > And then tap Software Update. At this point you may see two different choices. Choose the one that you would prefer to install. Tap Install Now, you may see Download and Install. You will be prompted to enter your password, after entering your devices password you can tap Install now.

Hope this helps!

Brad

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 10:38 AM in response to Usmce5

Hello,

To update your iPad first of all you need to make sure that you are connect to wifi, make sure that you have VPNs turned off. Go to Settings > General > And then tap Software Update. At this point you may see two different choices. Choose the one that you would prefer to install. Tap Install Now, you may see Download and Install. You will be prompted to enter your password, after entering your devices password you can tap Install now.

Hope this helps!

Brad

I have an older iPad how do I update software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.