Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay

I've updated to macOS Monterey and since then, I cannot AirPlay my iPad to a Zoom Meeting in my MacBook, can some one help me?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 3:04 PM

Oh, I see. That is a good point.

Maybe the reason this is not working has to do with the new Airplay Receiver functionality of Monterey. I wonder if this and Zoom’s own built-in Airplay service conflict somehow.

I won’t be able to test until this until tomorrow but MAYBE if you go to System Preferences->Sharing and UNcheck Airplay Receiver the Zoom feature will work.

Otherwise it is possible that this will require an update from Zoom.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 3:04 PM in response to noelarte

Oh, I see. That is a good point.

Maybe the reason this is not working has to do with the new Airplay Receiver functionality of Monterey. I wonder if this and Zoom’s own built-in Airplay service conflict somehow.

I won’t be able to test until this until tomorrow but MAYBE if you go to System Preferences->Sharing and UNcheck Airplay Receiver the Zoom feature will work.

Otherwise it is possible that this will require an update from Zoom.

Oct 31, 2021 8:19 AM in response to BlueberryLover

Just tested Zoom screen sharing with Airplay mirroring from an iPad to a Mac running Monterey. Seems to work well. I used a Windows 10 laptop to view the screen share from the Mac. I also mirrored the Windows 10 laptop display to a nearby TV using an HDMI cable.

Zoom makes use of the full screen whereas Skype scales down the shared image to make room for other controls.

- Pie Lover

Oct 29, 2021 2:12 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi! Thanks for your reply, that's what I'm currently doing, but... by doing that, I loose some features that appear for some apps. For example in Notability whenever I SharePlay, my tools are hidden for the auditorium and I can freely move through documents, select different tools and they don't see any of it. In contrast, by connecting directly with the cable everyone sees everthing I do.

Oct 31, 2021 6:19 AM in response to noelarte

Hi Noelarte,

I ran into the same problem once I updated my M1 Mac mini to Monterey OS at launch to the public. I also use Notability and Zoom iPhone/iPad airplay for the same reason you are using it for vs the cable option due to the “presentation” mode in Zoom airplay in teaching my classes. I’m in contact with Zoom tech support and they have been good with communications but so far the problem has not been resolved.

Like Luis mentioned, I think this will require an update from Zoom. In the meantime, I’m also using a cable for now.

Oct 31, 2021 6:26 AM in response to noelarte

Not sure about Zoom. However, I can confirm that mirroring the iPad to a Mac (running Monterey) using AirPlay works with (the Mac version of) Skype's desktop sharing feature.

This setup especially works nicely with the iPad configured as a split screen with one half running the Notes app. That way, you can scribble text and diagrams using the Apple Pen while still displaying a PDF file for example. Great for online tutoring.

- Pie Lover

Nov 19, 2021 2:55 AM in response to PatrickStar2487

I tried for 12 hours straight to get my iPhone to Airplay with Zoom as I teach music and, recently, updated to MacOS Monterey. I, finally, realized that the update was the only variable, and typed the description into Google and found 'Apple Community', then saw SamT's comment - I unchecked 'Airplay receiver' in System Preferences>Sharing, and, finally, I have my iPhone camera restored. I had to cancel my music lesson with a new client, today, b/c I could not use my 2nd camera, via Zoom. Now, I hope it will function, tomorrow, and only hope I can stay awake. I sure hope this helps someone else.

AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.