Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I update safari on my Mac computer

How do I update safari on my Mac computer

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 9:56 AM

The way Safari is updated is by upgrading your computer's software. An upgrade is when you install a newer version, such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. An update is to install a newer version of the same operating system. The reason for this is because Safari is installed as part of the operating system. It cannot normally be individually installed. Incidentally, a newer version of Safari does not always work with every web site. Sometimes it is necessary to install another browser such as Firefox or Chrome to use with certain web sites. They are individually installed and upgraded.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 9:56 AM in response to twyla80

The way Safari is updated is by upgrading your computer's software. An upgrade is when you install a newer version, such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. An update is to install a newer version of the same operating system. The reason for this is because Safari is installed as part of the operating system. It cannot normally be individually installed. Incidentally, a newer version of Safari does not always work with every web site. Sometimes it is necessary to install another browser such as Firefox or Chrome to use with certain web sites. They are individually installed and upgraded.

how do I update safari on my Mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.