Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you everything apple gift card purchase in app purchases

I have a “For Everything Apple” gift card.

May I be able to use this for in-app purchases from the App Store such as digital in-game currency?

Do I apply the gift card as my Apple Account balance?

it mentions on the website that I can apply it to App Store apps but then it also states in the smaller text “solely from the purchase of good from… the App Store” so it seems that I can not use it for in app purchases.

thanks for any clarification !

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 8:35 AM

Hey Danielryan17,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with using your Apple Gift card for in-app purchases. We can clarify this for you.

The Apple Gift card is for Apple Purchases and in-app purchases from developers that are not Apple is not considered Apple content.

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

"It's important to know that Apple Gift Cards and App Store & iTunes Gift Cards can be used only to purchase goods and services from Apple — including from Apple Retail Stores, apple.com, the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, for subscriptions to Apple services like Apple Music, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade, or for iCloud storage. Apple Store Gift Cards can be redeemed only on the Apple Online Store and at Apple Retail Stores."

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 8:35 AM in response to Danielryan17

Hey Danielryan17,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with using your Apple Gift card for in-app purchases. We can clarify this for you.

The Apple Gift card is for Apple Purchases and in-app purchases from developers that are not Apple is not considered Apple content.

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

"It's important to know that Apple Gift Cards and App Store & iTunes Gift Cards can be used only to purchase goods and services from Apple — including from Apple Retail Stores, apple.com, the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, for subscriptions to Apple services like Apple Music, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade, or for iCloud storage. Apple Store Gift Cards can be redeemed only on the Apple Online Store and at Apple Retail Stores."

Cheers!

Can you everything apple gift card purchase in app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.