Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 Stuck in erasing

hello I hope you doing fine , I have problem when I erased my macbook air , to do that I've followed this steps :

1) enter to the the option by holding command and D keys

2) I've found 2 partitions 1 for Untitled and the second for Data , and merge it into one partition so I've erased the two partitions

3) then restart the mac and start reinstalling the mac Big Sure by select it from the list then click continue and agree the terms .

4) it start download the system but it stuck in the progress bar and the estimating time in 3 hours and 0 minutes.

I've contact the apple support then they told me to access to the recovery mode when I did that it show this :

I've tried to reboot and start the operation again , and I faced the same problem.

I'm so tired with this and I hope you help me thank you .

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 9:35 AM

piktaka wrote:

I have problem when I erased my macbook air

What you do not say for clarification sake—

why in the first place you were compelled to erase/reinstall to begin with...(?)

If no resolve— it may require the use of a second Mac or Apples in store assistance:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/apple-configurator-2/apdd5f3c75ad/mac

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 9:35 AM in response to piktaka

piktaka wrote:

I have problem when I erased my macbook air

What you do not say for clarification sake—

why in the first place you were compelled to erase/reinstall to begin with...(?)

If no resolve— it may require the use of a second Mac or Apples in store assistance:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/apple-configurator-2/apdd5f3c75ad/mac

Oct 29, 2021 10:31 AM in response to piktaka

piktaka wrote:

I bought this mac from someone so i want to erase the device after he delete his accounts that's why

It does not sound like this Mac was properly prepared for resale...

You may or may not have all the admin/pswd privileges to complete the task...

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

there can be added complications over the Secure Enclave..depending— rendered unavailable some options in the absence of appropriate user authorization.

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/secure-enclave-sec59b0b31ff/web

Oct 29, 2021 9:59 AM in response to piktaka

AFAIK - No .

But More Learned Contributor @leyroydouglas might have more insights.

The Apple MacBook Air M1 is unlike Intel Based MBA where one makes a USB Installer and boot from it and Wipe and Reinstall.

If this machine is Borked by what has been attempted thus far - the Best Option is to get to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Centre and have them use their special tools and equipment to put it right.

Oct 29, 2021 12:31 PM in response to leroydouglas

But the seller has removed all his credentials and accounts so there is no problem in that, but when i erase it it doesn't start from the beginning (progress bar start from the half directly, I've seen a few videos that show the progress bar from the beginning now when i did a first aid scan the result shows that no errors or problems in the disk, when Iwant to make a restore it show up an empty select box) now I'm try to make a bootable USB contain macos big sure and install it what do you think about that

Macbook Air M1 Stuck in erasing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.