Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur and iOS15: Keychain not Syncing

I have an older MacBook Pro that I can't update to Monterey and an iPhone 13. I am leaving 1Password and am adding passwords to Safari on my MacBook. These aren't showing up on my phone, is this because my computer is on Big Sur? Frustrating if so, I have no need to buy a new computer. Guess I might be looking into a different password manager if iCloud Keychain won't sync with an older, but perfectly fine MacBook Pro.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Great questions, jordanfromroy.

While macOS Monterey does offer options to import passwords from third-party password managers, this is a new feature and not available on previous versions of macOS. That said, if your MacBook Pro is not upgradable to macOS Monterey, you would need to complete this step manually.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 6:22 AM in response to jordanfromroy

Great questions, jordanfromroy.

While macOS Monterey does offer options to import passwords from third-party password managers, this is a new feature and not available on previous versions of macOS. That said, if your MacBook Pro is not upgradable to macOS Monterey, you would need to complete this step manually.

Take care.

Oct 30, 2021 9:45 AM in response to jordanfromroy

Thanks for reaching out, jordanfromroy.

It sounds like you're having some trouble getting iCloud Keychain to sync. We can help.

Keeping in mind that you might need to sync from third-party password managers manually with the software versions you're using, you can follow these steps If iCloud Keychain won't turn on or sync.

Give that a try first, and see if there is any improvement.

We are here for you.

MacOS Big Sur and iOS15: Keychain not Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.