Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questionable email received about icloud

Is this a scam? They do not say how much they are attempting to charge. Exposing this on Facebook!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

Oct 29, 2021 7:06 AM in response to DevonWood

Hello ~ That is a scam and I encourage you to report it through the link below. Your iPhone is not hacked. When asking questions here keep in mind we have no way to know “what email” you are asking about. We are users just like you are …we are not Apple Support. You may go to upper right hand corner and click on Get Support for further assistance from Apple. Or:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls

Contact Apple for support and service

~Katana-San~

Oct 29, 2021 7:27 AM in response to tygb

SEEMS LIKE A SCAM! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT AND NO CHARGES FROM APPLE HAVE BEEN DECLINED. APPLE INCOMPETENCE OR APPLE FRAUD OR APPLE ACCOUNT HACKED?

Dear Paul Yovino,On 10/29/2021, we attempted to charge you for iCloud+ with 50 GB GB of storage, but there is a problem with your payment information.Your account will be downgraded to the free 5 GB storage plan if we cannot successfully renew your subscription.Follow the instructions below to update your billing information:

1.Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.

2.Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.

3.Tap Manage Payments (if you’re using an older version of iOS, tap Payment Information) and follow the prompts.

You can also update your billing information on a Mac or PC.The iCloud Team iCloud is a service provided by Apple.

Apple ID  |  iCloud Support  |  Terms and Conditions  | Privacy Policy 

Copyright © 2021 Apple Inc.1 Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014, United States.All rights reserved.

Oct 29, 2021 9:01 AM in response to DevonWood

Hello ~ We are not Apple Support. We are a group of volunteers and users just like you are. We are trying to help you to the best of our ability. Please feel free to contact Apple by going to upper right hand corner and clicking on Get Support or:

Contact Apple for support and service

Product Feedback - Apple

Also please read through this information again:

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement

~Katana-San~

Oct 29, 2021 6:58 AM in response to Katana-San

Received an alleged email from Apple saying it could not charge my account for iPhone storage. They want me to reveal my bank account number when the email does not state how much they attempted to charge. Rechecked my account and all is fine. No notice from my bank that a charge was attempted and declined. Last Apple charge was on September 20,2021 by Apple for .99 cents. This looks like my Apple account was hacked and I am not “ updating” my account information until I get a complete and full explanation from Apple.

[Edited by Moderator]

Questionable email received about icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.