Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blurry document photos

Why are pictures taken with my iPhone 11 blurry.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 1:40 PM

jhardy46 wrote:

My scanned documents are fine. My photos seem fine. Its when I send a photo of a document in messenger, the recipient receives a blurry photo.

You can share higher-resolution photos and scans from iCloud (links below), or can switch to a messaging app that doesn’t over-compress images and otherwise send potato-grade image resolutions, or via email.

Based on what I can find, there’s no way to bypass this image compression either within Facebook whether for posting materials, or sending materials through Facebook Messenger.

Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 1:40 PM in response to jhardy46

jhardy46 wrote:

My scanned documents are fine. My photos seem fine. Its when I send a photo of a document in messenger, the recipient receives a blurry photo.

You can share higher-resolution photos and scans from iCloud (links below), or can switch to a messaging app that doesn’t over-compress images and otherwise send potato-grade image resolutions, or via email.

Based on what I can find, there’s no way to bypass this image compression either within Facebook whether for posting materials, or sending materials through Facebook Messenger.

Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iPhone - Apple Support

blurry document photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.