Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech webcam not working properly after Monterey

My Logitech C922 webcam will not hold the settings when going into video conferencing. This started happening immediately after upgrading to Monterey OS.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:49 PM

I just connected my Logitech C920 HD webcam to my new 16-inch MacBook Pro M1 Pro using a USB-3A to USB-C adapter and it worked just fine with FaceTime. The C922 has been problematic with several users since Big Sur was initially released and yes, it is Logitech's product and responsibility to either state that it is or is not compatible with Big Sur.

Logitech's technical specifications for the C922 claim that it is compatible with macOS 10.10 or later. That is lazy vendor speak for they didn't test it on later Apple hardware or operating systems, but it ought to work… Same operating system blurb for the Brio too. Replace these with something that works.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 3:49 PM in response to SReed1

I just connected my Logitech C920 HD webcam to my new 16-inch MacBook Pro M1 Pro using a USB-3A to USB-C adapter and it worked just fine with FaceTime. The C922 has been problematic with several users since Big Sur was initially released and yes, it is Logitech's product and responsibility to either state that it is or is not compatible with Big Sur.

Logitech's technical specifications for the C922 claim that it is compatible with macOS 10.10 or later. That is lazy vendor speak for they didn't test it on later Apple hardware or operating systems, but it ought to work… Same operating system blurb for the Brio too. Replace these with something that works.

Jan 15, 2022 3:58 PM in response to SReed1

I was having the same problem with my brand new 14" M1 MacBook Pro that I just got yesterday. I unplugged everything (dell monitor, webcam, power to the computer) and then replugged it and somehow my Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 starting showing up! Maybe it's the 2022 version of unplug and restart. Hope yours starts working suddenly too!

Logitech webcam not working properly after Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.