Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change music source for HomePod among several iPods?

I set up my HomePod using my iPhone, but would prefer to have it be able to draw music from several iPod touch devices. How can I easily change sources for the HomePod?

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 10:59 AM

Siri on HomePod draws on your unhidden purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match*. For anything else use AirPlay from any of your devices as you choose.

tt2

* iTunes Match users may have difficulty if the recognize my voice feature is enabled.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 10:59 AM in response to msummers41

Siri on HomePod draws on your unhidden purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match*. For anything else use AirPlay from any of your devices as you choose.

tt2

* iTunes Match users may have difficulty if the recognize my voice feature is enabled.

Nov 3, 2021 7:45 AM in response to turingtest2

So, that link tells me that I need IOS11.4 at least to use AirPlay on my iPodTouch:

"Play audio on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 11.4 or later, or a Mac with macOS Catalina or later. Then use AirPlay to stream that audio to your AirPlay-compatible speakers or smart TVs."

My iPodTouch devices are both maxed at IOS 9.3.5. What generation do I need to get to 11.4?

Change music source for HomePod among several iPods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.