Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge albums in Photos, especially two albums of the same person in "People".

How do I merge albums in Photos, especially two albums of the same person in "People".

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 12:31 AM

If you are having hundreds of People albums and the distance for dragging is too long, you can also type the name of the person into the name field below the thumbnail of the album. Renaming to the same name will merge the two albums. I would pick a very distinctive key photo for the album you want to keep, so you can easily recognize this person in the list of suggested names, when you start typing the name.

You cannot merge standard albums, only People albums. To merge normal albums you have first to select all photos in one album, add them to the other album, then delete the original album.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 12:31 AM in response to Haehlstorm

If you are having hundreds of People albums and the distance for dragging is too long, you can also type the name of the person into the name field below the thumbnail of the album. Renaming to the same name will merge the two albums. I would pick a very distinctive key photo for the album you want to keep, so you can easily recognize this person in the list of suggested names, when you start typing the name.

You cannot merge standard albums, only People albums. To merge normal albums you have first to select all photos in one album, add them to the other album, then delete the original album.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.