Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving as in Monterey isn't working

after downloading Monterey I can't "save as" in any of my programs...and ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Do you use a MacBook with an external monitor? You'll find that the problem goes away after disconnecting your external monitor. When the monitor is connected, you can fix the problem (for now) by going to the settings and designating your MacBook as the main screen and the external monitor as extend screen. Good luck.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 5:31 AM in response to babowa

Do you use a MacBook with an external monitor? You'll find that the problem goes away after disconnecting your external monitor. When the monitor is connected, you can fix the problem (for now) by going to the settings and designating your MacBook as the main screen and the external monitor as extend screen. Good luck.

Nov 15, 2021 5:29 PM in response to mstudiosny

It seems to be problem especially with monitors that use the usb-c to thunderbolt 2 dongle. I have the same problem with my apple Thunderbolt Display. I cannot believe that apple is recommended a workaround as an "official" answer to this problem and I hope is is fixed soon because it is really annoying and cost me hours of work because disconnecting the monitor (with some peripherals I need for my work, e.g. A/D converters) crashed the system. It is a very serious bug. Please apple! Fix this soon.

saving as in Monterey isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.