Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google earth on up-to-date Catalina 10.15.7

After applying an update to Catalina 10.15.7, Google Earth loads and then immediately closes. I've tried removing Google Earth and reinstalling it, but the re-installed version still loads and then immediately quits. I have a license for Google Earth.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:02 AM

This is a known issue with the macOS Catalina security update. Other Google services are also impacted. From the various forums I've read, users have been notifying Google of the issue. We'll need to wait for Google to provide updates of their apps.

6 replies

Dec 10, 2021 3:55 PM in response to ANightmareOnElmStreet

I am sure they knew it would result in these problems. Issue I have with Apple is not sharing the problems that will result from the update. If I knew it was going to cause these issues for me I would not have the update. Or at least have a switch to turn off the security change in the update. You have to wonder if it is Apple corporate is steering folks away from Google Maps and forcing use of Apple Maps in part.

google earth on up-to-date Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.