Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to 2 way sync hotmail contacts with macbook and not end up with duplicates or data truncation?

Ive been using macs since 1st gen intel. From then till now, if I open contacts on my mac, it shows no one. This is not a problem, as skype has all my contacts, as does outlook for email, and whatsapp for friends, and teams has all my work contacts.

However, i am curious to try facetime. Ive never used it, and I don't know anyone who uses it (e.g. my mum has an iphone, but she only uses whatsapp and skype. She would not know here appleId to give it to anyone. I also have no clue what my apple ID is - i have to look it up, as I never use it). I see however that the monterey is pretty much only facebook updates.

All my contacts are "stored" in the cloud, in my microsoft account. This is because I have to sync the contacts in outlook on mac and PC, and have the contacts also on my PC and my android device. The only universal, non locking way I could get the sync to work across all platforms was with microsoft. I also tried gmail, but this would not 2 way sync with some devices. I would not dream of using itunes contacts as a) this would tie me to apple and always having apple devices b) I don't want to pay for storage, as I already have 6 TB "free" with MS 365 which only costs £75/year, c) I have 3000+ contacts in hotmail, and the thought of trying to migrate them to another system, test them across all platforms and programs, and end up losing data or getting duplicates is daunting and will probably never been justifiable. I have to use a PC frequently to use Microsoft Power BI, visio and compile EpiSErver code. I used to do this with a VM on intel macs, but with M1, I have had to to back to using PCs. When I am using the PC, I am then using outlook on the pc, so need all my contacts there.

So I was wondering if there was a way to 2 way sync contacts with the mac, which works 2 ways, which wont duplicate entries, and wont truncate data (e.g. lose some fields which are not supported).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:03 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 31, 2021 9:53 AM in response to sfromgi

Hello sfromgi,

We see you're looking to sync your contacts using Outlook to and from your Mac, and we can help get that headed in the right direction.

For help with Outlook, we'd recommend reaching out to the developers to see if this is a supported method of syncing, and for guidance on that.

We were able to help locate their support page here: Outlook help & learning

Cheers.

how to 2 way sync hotmail contacts with macbook and not end up with duplicates or data truncation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.