Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Trade in

Must I remove the sim card from my iPhone 12 first before I trade it in?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 7:19 AM

Yes, definitely. SIM-Cards have all your data including location, identity, phone number, person secruity keys, contact lists.

I mean if you don't know how to and actually don't want to mess up your device, it's better off Apple themselves handling it and than providing you the SIM-Card.

In case you do decide to sell your iPhone in 3rd Party like eBay, Amazon, Facebook Market, I highly advise you to take it out.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 7:19 AM in response to talljimjr

Yes, definitely. SIM-Cards have all your data including location, identity, phone number, person secruity keys, contact lists.

I mean if you don't know how to and actually don't want to mess up your device, it's better off Apple themselves handling it and than providing you the SIM-Card.

In case you do decide to sell your iPhone in 3rd Party like eBay, Amazon, Facebook Market, I highly advise you to take it out.

Oct 30, 2021 7:28 AM in response to MetalChain

MetalChain wrote:

This is NOT true. The sim card in an iPhone contains ONLY the phone number. It does NOT contain any other data, such as contacts or other data as you incorrectly suggest.

It is advisable to remove the sim card before trading in the phone, but please don't share incorrect information.

iPhone Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.