Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Privacy warning

My wife's iPad has a Privacy warning on the wireless connection and which shows as network is blocking encrypted dns and the network seems to drop out quite a bit. I did a bit of research and tried toggling Private Address off and on again to no avail.

I also made sure all the OS updates were in place and even installed IOS 15 but still same thing.

The strange thing is neither my iPad and her iPhone show this warning. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any support you guys can give me,

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 7:40 AM

5 replies

Oct 30, 2021 8:54 AM in response to Atho_UK

and the network seems to drop out quite a bit.

I got it.

It seems because your home Wi-Fi network goes down quite often, the iPad tries to connect to a public Wi-Fi hotspot. And thus that privacy warning.

See this Apple article to maximize the home Wi-Fi connection: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Oct 30, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Atho_UK

That article in my first post explains the privacy warning you get on that one iPad.

If the home Wi-Fi network is solid for all other devices, that means that the one iPad uses the other devices Wi-Fi to connect to Wi-Fi, which is considered as public Wi-Fi hotspot.

Through the article in my second response you can check whether that one iPad has also solid Wi-Fi network.

Is there a blue checkmark next to the Wi-Fi network?

See point 2.

Privacy warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.