Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iCloud to archive emails from another mail provider

Hi, I was using email provided by another provider before I started using apple and iCloud. My mailbox with the other provider is now full but I don't want to change my email address so I would like to manage this by archiving old emails onto iCloud. That would free up space in my original mailbox. Does anybody know how to do this?

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 8:51 AM

You could export the messages to your desktop/documents/other location and then place the exported mailbox(es) into a folder in iCloud Drive.

Or, you could create a new folder in your iCloud email and drag all of the messages from old to new using the mail app. Just drag and drop into new folders.

Or, you could just delete old items.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 8:51 AM in response to tinafrommaidenhead

You could export the messages to your desktop/documents/other location and then place the exported mailbox(es) into a folder in iCloud Drive.

Or, you could create a new folder in your iCloud email and drag all of the messages from old to new using the mail app. Just drag and drop into new folders.

Or, you could just delete old items.

Using iCloud to archive emails from another mail provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.