Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

Do I have to share ICloud with my family if I purchase a family plan?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 1:30 PM

Hello VHV73,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you have questions about sharing iCloud+ with your family. The related article at the top of the page has great information about this.

"When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

For more information about the types of content you can share, check out this link: What types of content can I share with my family?

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 1:30 PM in response to VHV73

Hello VHV73,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you have questions about sharing iCloud+ with your family. The related article at the top of the page has great information about this.

"When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

For more information about the types of content you can share, check out this link: What types of content can I share with my family?

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.