Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my music not backed up in the cloud on my iphone or my ipad

Why is my music not backed up in the cloud on my ipad or iphone. I have some different music on my ipad that did not transfer to my iphone. I also purchased music on my iphone but it is not listed on my ipad. Somehow they are not in sync.

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 1:58 PM

Basically because to backup the music would take a lot of storage and I believe the assumption is that you can always redownload music you purchased (on any device - to any device) from the iTunes Store (a long as you use the same Apple ID). You should also be able to get the music you acquired by any other means on your device in the same way you got it there in the first place.

Redownload music - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 1:58 PM in response to Sweet Lady Mary

Basically because to backup the music would take a lot of storage and I believe the assumption is that you can always redownload music you purchased (on any device - to any device) from the iTunes Store (a long as you use the same Apple ID). You should also be able to get the music you acquired by any other means on your device in the same way you got it there in the first place.

Redownload music - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Why is my music not backed up in the cloud on my iphone or my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.