You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up screen

After I changed my password on Big Sir 27 Inch Mac now startup password background field screen is all black no more pretty orange and red colors. not sure why? thanks.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 11:58 AM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2021 3:02 PM in response to DerekM87

Hi there no the background picture of the screen once it fully opens up after the correct password is entered, is still the same picture of Big Sur with all the icons on it

it’s just mainly the initial signing on that is all black with just the password field. I don’t know if it means anything it still works when I enter the new password. I just thought it was maybe abnormal or something had changed because it used to be the pretty orange and red multicolored screen at that point of entering the password and this happened after I changed the password because there were some problems for some reason with the sign in.

thanks for your help

>>The initial sign in with the password field had a screen background that used to look like this (minus the little square of narrative in the middle)

Now, since I changed the password,

it looks like this:

(Then after I login I have the desktop as normal with Big Sur and icons)

I’m not sure why the orange background turned black or if that matters? It’s just odd that it can’t be reset somehow.

Thanks again!

Joseph

Start up screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.