Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout Notifications interrupting podcast playback

When my watch sends a notification - workout distance, reminder, etc - it pauses podcasts. This just started with the most recent watch OS update. Please advise.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 2:33 AM

I think that I've found the solution to this problem. Open the Watch app, the the Workout settings, and toggle OFF Voice Feedback. I tried this with an outdoor walk workout this morning and it seems to have fixed things, my podcast was not interrupted once.

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 31, 2021 2:07 PM in response to tzeleny

Greetings tzeleny, 

We understand that audio is being paused when your Apple Watch generates a notification via the Workout app. 

Is the audio being played from your Apple Watch as well or is it being played from your companion iPhone? Is it only Podcasts that are interrupted or is music paused as well? 

You mentioned the latest watchOS update. To confirm, was that watchOS 8.1? 

Thank you. 

Dec 5, 2021 3:41 PM in response to JeffaJaffa

FYI - this same issue is happening for me except for my Audible app playback (playing from companion iPhone) is being interrupted by the ring closed and mile completed announcements, (and not resumed afterwards). Also only happening since the most recent update (phone is iPhone SE (2020) iOS 15.1, watch is version 8.1 (19R570) model A2093)

Edit: Also was fixed with @JeffaJaffa 's suggestion

Workout Notifications interrupting podcast playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.