Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch: NEW Activity tracker problem with Stand and Move

For the last two days the Activity app is acting up --> Stand is counting for every hour (even when sleeping) and Move is only counting like 4 calories a day - even today when I did a 5-mile hike. The odd part is - the hike was tracked - it shows 5 miles and and 80 exercise minutes - it shows 13,000 steps, 65 flights climbed, heart rate, elevation gain, average pace. But it just somehow did not associate any calories with it. It appears the same issue was happening yesterday as well -- basically ALL hours of Stand are ticked off, but only like 3 move calories all day.

I'm now updating my iPhone 12 Pro to 15.1 (I was at 14.8.1) and I believe I'll then be able to update my watch too. (Currently the watch either tells me it is up to date or that it can't tell if I need to update, and need to check on my phone - which is also weird and behavior I haven't seen before...) I'm not sure if there was some kind of buggy update in the past few days or what. Anyway - I hope the updates resolve the problem but I just thought it was pretty weird behavior. I use my watch daily and hike often and have never seen this problem before.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 8:32 PM

Apple Support helped me figure this out on the phone. Somehow (probably user error!) my weight got set to 1lb! He was able to diagnose it right away - so I guess I'm not the first person this happened to. Look on your phone in the Watch app --> Health --> Health details. Super easy fix.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch: NEW Activity tracker problem with Stand and Move

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.