Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think it's a little ridiculous that I cannot use the 2nd generation Apple pencil with my is Apple pencil with my 9th generation ipad they both are the newest products but don't work together

I think it's a little ridiculous that I cannot use the 2nd generation Apple pencil with my is Apple pencil with my 9th generation ipad they both are the newest products but don't work together

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:47 PM

The Apple Pencil 2 isn’t new and it’s never been compatible with all iPad models. It requires an iPad that allows magnetic charging which the regular iPad such as yours does not do. You would have needed to choose an iPad model that supports this (the latest model iPad Mini, the latest model Air, iPad Pro 11in and 12.9in 3rd gen and above). You have a base model iPad even if it’s the newest one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 5:47 PM in response to ronni289

The Apple Pencil 2 isn’t new and it’s never been compatible with all iPad models. It requires an iPad that allows magnetic charging which the regular iPad such as yours does not do. You would have needed to choose an iPad model that supports this (the latest model iPad Mini, the latest model Air, iPad Pro 11in and 12.9in 3rd gen and above). You have a base model iPad even if it’s the newest one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.