Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad is not working properly since Monterey installation

Since monterey macOS update last week in my MBA 2020, I noticed that my Trackpad is not responding properly to one touch. I need to do it twice to obtain action required. It didn't happen with Big Sur, how can I fix it?

Thanks for help.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:35 PM

C_Cuad Said:

"Trackpad is not working properly since Monterey installation: Since monterey macOS update last week in my MBA 2020, I noticed that my Trackpad is not responding properly to one touch. I need to do it twice to obtain action required. It didn't happen with Big Sur, how can I fix it? Thanks for help."

-------

If the Trackpad has Issues:

A. See this link provided atop this post.

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, seeing if you still get this error.

C. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

D. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for the Trackpad) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take some time, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 9:35 PM in response to C_Cuad

C_Cuad Said:

"Trackpad is not working properly since Monterey installation: Since monterey macOS update last week in my MBA 2020, I noticed that my Trackpad is not responding properly to one touch. I need to do it twice to obtain action required. It didn't happen with Big Sur, how can I fix it? Thanks for help."

-------

If the Trackpad has Issues:

A. See this link provided atop this post.

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, seeing if you still get this error.

C. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

D. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for the Trackpad) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take some time, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Trackpad is not working properly since Monterey installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.