Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share Contacts between 2 iPhones and keep them synced

I apologize for asking a question that's been asked many times previously, but every question has a slightly different flavor.

I have an iPhone X running iOS 14.8 and my wife has an iPhone SE running iOS 14.4.2. We each use our own AppleID on our phones, but we'd like to share the same Contacts list. I am the organizer and have Family Sharing enabled for my wife, and you'd think that Contacts would be an option that a lot of families would like to share, but apparently Apple software engineers don't agree and didn't make that an option.

If I understand correctly, in iOS 14, two different AppleIDs cannot share the same Contacts. You can copy the entire list of contacts between the two iPhones, but if any changes are made on one device, those changes will not be reflected on the other device.

In iOS 14 and 15, is this still correct? Any workaround? Thanks.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 1:00 AM

William M. wrote:

If I understand correctly, in iOS 14, two different AppleIDs cannot share the same Contacts. You can copy the entire list of contacts between the two iPhones, but if any changes are made on one device, those changes will not be reflected on the other device.

If you have your list of Contacts on iCloud then what you are saying is true else incorrect understanding.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other

Have your contacts on either Google, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other on both devices. They will sync.

This is not a workaround it is a feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 1:00 AM in response to William M.

William M. wrote:

If you have your list of Contacts on iCloud then what you are saying is true else incorrect understanding.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other

Have your contacts on either Google, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other on both devices. They will sync.

This is not a workaround it is a feature.

share Contacts between 2 iPhones and keep them synced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.