Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have an immunization record from healthcare provider in Apple Health, can't create a Wallet card

I have immunization records for the covid vaccine in the MyChart app. I have Apple Health permissioned to import data from the healthcare providers including vaccinations. I see vaccination events in Apple Health Summary and under Browse > Health Records > Immunizations.

But nowhere on either of those Health App immunization events in Summary or under Browse, can I find a way to turn those events into a card for the Wallet.

What am I doing wrong? There were all sorts of news articles about how IOS 15.1 Health and Wallet would support adding proof of vaccination to the Wallet app.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 10:26 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Please see: Use COVID-19 vaccination cards in Wallet on iPhone - Apple Support.

You may also need to update your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Jack

6 replies

Oct 30, 2021 10:57 PM in response to Agent Vanilla

I keep my card on Apple Notes. App is on first page of my iPhone. Don’t take a picture, but rather “scan” both sides of your card and give that your own file name. Simple! You’re trying way too hard to use Apple’s newest time waster. FYI I worked as a med scribe for several months while we gave thousands of people Covid shots. I always advised them as I did you. It works. Best of luck.

Nov 6, 2021 10:58 PM in response to mudhog

so suddenly MyChart got the function i needed. there wasn't a new app release, so whatever happened, happened on the back end.

if you go into MyChart, click Menu, scroll down to My Record, and there should be a new section called COVID-19, tap this new section, and viola you should be able (at some point) to get the required QR code. Or get it when MyChart fixes up their backend, or when your provider does something. What that something is, no idea. I certainly wasn't able to figure out any way of forcing the fix from the user end.

Have an immunization record from healthcare provider in Apple Health, can't create a Wallet card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.