Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organization of files / Separate music from speech

I have about a 1000 songs in my iTunes library, and I have a question that might be silly, but I use the Music app on my Macbook extremely rarely, namely to buy songs, and then I just listen to them from my iPhone.

Now I've bought a CD with a language course, it contains 8 lessons and 40 sound files (mp.3) per lesson, i.e. 3200 mp3 files. I would like to import these files, and here's my concern: If I want to listen to music, and I choose anything other than 'order by album', every few songs I'll have to skip a language course files wich can be pretty annoying, especially while driving. Is there a way to avoid that? Like creating a section or something that's separate from the music files?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 5:26 AM

You can create separate playlists, then shuffle music from a music only playlist, but it might be better to convert the language course to an audiobook. See Organizing audiobook chapters - Apple Community for advice on setting the metadata up for best results before you import the tracks into the Books app. Once working there you can remove the tracks from Music and then sync to update your device.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 5:26 AM in response to KurterinO

You can create separate playlists, then shuffle music from a music only playlist, but it might be better to convert the language course to an audiobook. See Organizing audiobook chapters - Apple Community for advice on setting the metadata up for best results before you import the tracks into the Books app. Once working there you can remove the tracks from Music and then sync to update your device.

tt2

Organization of files / Separate music from speech

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.