You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update failed

I’m trying to update my iPad eighth generation and I keep saying update failed . How do I fix this error messages?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 6:22 AM

Assuming you're trying to update your device wirelessly, and bearing in mind that to perform an update procedure wirelessly, you need to connect your device to a reliable and fast Wifi Network with internet access (no cellular data, unless you use a 5G network, no personal hotspot on your device, no VPN connections are admitted, and I suggest that you keep the device plugged into power during the whole update process), see this suppport article:--> If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the issue persists, try to update it via computer:

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2021 6:22 AM in response to Kaileys10

Assuming you're trying to update your device wirelessly, and bearing in mind that to perform an update procedure wirelessly, you need to connect your device to a reliable and fast Wifi Network with internet access (no cellular data, unless you use a 5G network, no personal hotspot on your device, no VPN connections are admitted, and I suggest that you keep the device plugged into power during the whole update process), see this suppport article:--> If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the issue persists, try to update it via computer:

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Update failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.